Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 11 continued...


1 1/2 Cigarettes Today

Doing great so far! Told ya a busy day keeps the nicotine away. Blogging from work, a first! I had one whole cigarette this morning and one half of one cigarette on lunch. One: it's too damn cold to be sitting in my truck and two: I just don't plum enjoy it anymore. Unfortunately for me however, my body SCREAMS for nicotine. But when I get an opportunity to smoke, I end up gagging and coughing more often then not. Maybe I am just one of the lucky few that will be able to quit on my own simply because of the fact that my body rejects it. My mind will be the hardest thing to overcome.

See right now, I really want to go and finish that cigarette. I crave it. Bad.  But I know that once I go out there, freeze my patooty off, and start to smoke it, I will regret it. So, I am going to to try a completely foreign concept: NOT SMOKING. Amazing huh?! Believe it or not, and other smokers will stand by me, it's not as easy as it sounds. Telling yourself no in any situation is hard, but this is exponentionally worse. It's like taking a toy from a toddler...and I know how fun that is.

I have a half an hour to go on my break. Torture to think that that cigarette is just staring me in the face saying "Smoooooke meeee!". But I will not. If I can deny myself this one time now, then I can do it again, and again. The road to being tobacoo-free is never easy but one step in the right direction and you're on your way. Off we go.

Picture credit: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiNASvsY_X9UqzpB9Kv3H5OhoEMCHT7D4DvPMVbAvOJe0G2HP4En77xiAFVT7wvwHEifiR4gNNvolUVFwaZu6b6JyV_EA2zn9uARpKQYqbJahDw2kwZHowcihW0UplkybiAxPTt-6hycWk_/s200/no_smoking_signsvg.png

2 comments:

  1. End of the day update:

    Did not end up smoking that cigarette. Big pat on the back for me!

    Note to self: need pictures on my blog. Makes things more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another note to self: Put labels on posts.

    ReplyDelete